Canvas Stretching

Last summer at an event called, Worship@ 8500, 6 paintings were created live while the music was playing. I began 3, while another artist began another 3. We then "passed the brush" to the next person and so on.  It was a collaborative project, which created artwork that was then sold for anti-human trafficking, with funds going to Just24-7.  I was recently asked to stretch a couple of the canvases.  Here is the process:

The Canvas is over 7 1/2 feet tall so I took over my living room to lay it out


I'd already measured and built the frame which just needed to be centered.
Using the Stretcher and some staples I worked my way around the artwork.
Folding the corners over properly is an important step to it being taut.
The finished corner

The back finished on one piece.


My son standing next to the leaning artwork to show some scale. 
The finished product.  All I have to do now is put a finish on it for protection.

 Fine art is one of my passions in addition to the other services I provide.